Pages

May 20, 2008

I'm so excited!

Well, my most favorite local band, Vanquish, got done recording their second album recently and are set to start playing on the local music circuit again this week. They have a show scheduled this coming Friday at Buddas Place, the Virginia Peninsula's premiere metal venue.

As my excitement for their upcoming show builds, I thought I'd post a video of them playing live at the Norva in January 2007. The video was filmed by my sister, Veronica. This is their big hit "Sinister" featuring their lead singer, Greer Cawthon, on keyboards.








This is the banner I created in 2006 to support the band's first album, Nine Deadly Sins. This was one of my earliest attempts at creating an animated gif.



The album is available at select music retailers throughout the Hampton Roads area, including the Fantasy store on Jefferson Ave. in Newport News, as well as from the band at their shows. There may be limited copies left so if you're interested in their music, you need to act fast!


(photo of Greer Cawthon and Mark Divito of Vanquish, courtesy of Angie Marushia).

No comments: