Pages

May 16, 2008

Kung Fu Panda



I guess I am still a kid at heart. I am so looking forward to the upcoming DreamWorks release called Kung Fu Panda. I think CG (computer-generated) animation is just so amazing and it has really become more sophisticated over the years. I don't really know much about the technical aspects to be able to describe how advanced the science of computer animation has become. I'm just an avid viewer, a big fan of it and the artistry behind it, so to speak.

Ever since I watched Toy Story, I find myself getting excited about new CG animations. I even watch many of them over and over! In many of them, realistic sound effects are added, making make the whole experience of watching the movie just as thrilling as watching a multi-million dollar action-adventure movie that has real people in it. Take for example, one of my favorite CG animations, Dinosaurs (from Walt Disney Films). This movie comes in Digital Surround Sound and is THX-certified. Just watching it on my home theater system gave me the feeling of participating in the dinosaurs's journeys. I could even feel the heavy pounding sounds of the gigantic brontosaurus's feet as he trekked the earth in search of the "nesting grounds". I'm sure this was even more exciting in 3D at an IMAX theater!

There are so many CG-animations that I have watched and enjoyed over the years. I could go on and on about them if I start naming them. I'd probably also feel bad if I left one out because I loved each one that I've watched! Each one has qualities that make them so memorable, characters that touch my heart, storylines that captivated my interest, and much more. I think that I'm going to go through my DVDs at home, sit in front of our 52-inch screen tv, gather the kids, and start watching a marathon of the CG animation movies collection that I have. Ahhhh yes, this will be a fun lazy week-end!!!

1 comment:

Ophelia said...

Ooh, yeah, there are a ton of great children's movies using CGI. I love the Shrek series, the Incredibles, A Bug's Life, and tons more! The most recent movie using the most sophisticated CGI I've seen is Beowulf (I wouldn't consider this a children's movie, though). It is just totally amazing. It's also got Angelina Jolie in it, so if you haven't seen it yet, this is a must-see for you! :)