Pages

May 21, 2008

No More Lestat Novels

Well, I just found out from one of my myspace friends that Anne Rice isn't going to pursue a new novel featuring her infamous Lestat the Vampire anymore. Although she announced not too long ago that she was considering creating a new story about Lestat battling a moral conflict concerning the existence of God, she has decided to stay true to herself and continue only with stories relating to Christ and her renewed faith in Catholicism.

Here's an official video Anne Rice posted on YouTube and shared on her website regarding her decision.



Yes, I am disappointed by this news, but I admire Anne Rice's candor and her courage to publicly hold on to her values and be true to her self. That's a tough thing to do.

Anyway, if any of my readers want to share your passion for the Vampire Chronicles, you can join others in the Vampire Lestat Fan Club. I'm posting the link to the fan club below.

Anne Rice's Vampire Lestat Fan Club
VampireLestatFanClub.com

No comments: