Pages

Jan 12, 2008

The Heroin Diaries



Ever since I got the Sixx A.M. Heroin Diaries Soundtrack this summer I had listened to that CD more than any other CD I have...I just think the soundtrack was put together really well and the lyrics, though they may describe a lot of pain and abuse, still come out with words of inspiration. You definitely can't get depressed listening to it.

Anyhow, my sister gave me the Heroin Diaries book at Christmastime and I finally finished reading it this past week. Man, I must say...when they say that those rockstars' lives are full of sex, drugs, and rock n roll, they really meant it. I can't imagine how stoned, wasted, and high these guys (Motley Crue) got all the time--even at the height of their popularity. The book even mentioned other musicians from other heavy metal bands that I listened to during the time. They, too, abused drugs like crazy. But the book mainly centers on Nikki Sixx's own drug addiction. He often preferred to lock himself in the closet or bathroom with his drugs than hang out with the bandmates who were making out with all those groupies. What was sad was he became addicted because he felt like his fame and fortune was meaningless after all the feelings of abandonment he felt from his parents. Yup, he was depressed (and he admitted that in the diary). And instead of getting his depression treated, he got hooked on drugs and more drugs.

The book was pretty intriguing as it gives us all an inside look at a drug addict's world. But it's kinda scary in a way to see how easily these people got their drugs in the first place. Even scarier to know the horrible things these addicts do when they're high or doped up. Being a celebrity is no exception. They, too, had run-ins with the law for the things they did when they were on drugs. The best thing to do is to stay away from stuff like that to begin with. Never mess with drugs.

2 comments:

Ophelia said...

Hello there, dear sister! Do you remember me telling you about that guy from Korn who also wrote a book about his transformation - how he turned away from the crazy world of drugs in the rock and roll business? It's Brian Welch, and the title of his book is Save Me from Myself. I haven't read the book yet, but I skimmed through it at the bookstore and I thought you might be interested in it. He also has a website. You can go check it out at headtochrist.com.

Liggybee said...

Thanks for the suggestion...I will definitely check out that book, too. I remember hearing about that book. I just wasn't a big Korn fan so I didn't check it before. But since you mentioned it, maybe I'll compare the two books and write a comparison review.