Pages

Mar 23, 2014

Z-Rock Metal Militia


I wonder how many other metalheads still have their Z-Rock Metal Militia tags.  I can't remember exactly when I got these but it was probably in 1990 or 1991.  There was this rock music station I used to listen to  called "Z-Rock" whose slogan was "If it's too loud, you're too old."  They played mostly heavy metal music.  I was really into a lot of Guns N Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Skid Row, and Motley Crue back then (and still do, by the way!) so it made sense for me to join the Metal Militia.  

But you see, we didn't have Internet or Email back then so it's like we could only communicate by phone or postal mail (other than over the radio station, that is!).  I don't know what happened then but I guess after I moved from Hawaii to the mainland US, I lost touch with Z Rock.  Next thing you know, the station was no longer available and I didn't have a metal militia to belong to anymore.  :(

I've kept my membership dog tags, though, as you can see.  Over 20 years and I still have them!!!  Do I rock or what?!!!  LOL!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool to see your Z-Rock dogtags online. Metal isn't what it used to be. I loved being into the bands when bands meant something - t-shirts, CDs, concerts - and radio had concert tickets, contests, and Z-Rock played listener requests from all over the U.S. Yeah, I was into Z-Rock - WZRZ and WRZR - and it was a blow when they went Alt rock.

Unknown said...

I still have mine. Bought them at Harpo's in Detroit in 1992. Miss those days. CHEERS!
www.edenmyrrh.com

Catseye said...

A little late to the game here, but I know my tags are somewhere. Our station was 1050AM I think, in the KC, Mo area. Somewhere between 87-92. Been a long time. Ugh. I guess we're getting old -er anyway. Still a metal head. Seeing Def Leppard, Styx & Tesla together at the state fair in a couple weeks. \m/

Liggybee said...

So glad to see there are still metalheads who kept their metal militia dogtags! \m/ ROCK ON!!! \m/

Unknown said...

Yep, still got mine and have flown them on the mirror of every one of my trucks and still do till this day

Liggybee said...

@Brad Mullen - that is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I still have mine its been on my key chain since