Pages

Mar 25, 2014

My Two Addictions This Season


I haven't been blogging much lately. No, I'm not addicted to Mafia Wars all over again...and no, I haven't joined the Candy Crush Saga mania either. Actually, I've been addicted two other things - The Blacklist, which airs Monday nights on NBC, and reading post-apocalyptic and dystopian novels on the Kindle Fire HD that I received for Christmas.


On the Blacklist, I really love James Spader and how he plays his character Raymond "Red" Reddington. He is so good at playing this international criminal, former government agent. There's also a really consuming curiosity about his relationship with Elizabeth Keen, a rookie FBI profiler, that he chose to work with as a condition for his "surrender" to the FBI. Everyone wants to know if he's secretly really her father. And what about her husband, Tom (played by Ryan Eggold)? Now we're finding out that he isn't who he has been pretending he is all this time. This series is really addicting!

And about my Kindle Fire HD...I'm gonna get back to reading now.  I finished reading The Bar Code Tattoo (by Suzanne Weyn) yesterday.  By the way, the thought of a society's people being required to get a bar code tattoo to be able to "survive" is a very scary thought.  Think of how scary society was in George Orwell's 1984 book. The Bar Code Tattoo is even scarier.  Anyway, I'm going to read the next book in the series (The Bar Code Rebellion) and see what happens...




Come
Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!
The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers and to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments



3 comments:

Cperz said...

Hi Liggy, it's so nice to see you back.
Everyone that is watching the Blacklists says it is awesome. Because I didn't start watching it from the beginning, I feel the need to find all the episodes and do a marathon catch up.

The idea of a bar code tattoo is BEYOND terrifying. I read 1984 years ago and still consider it one of the most frightening books I ever read.

I think the Kindle Fire looks great. I still have my Kindle 2 but now read a lot of my Kindle books on my IPad. Who would of thought we would have all these gadgets to load our books onto?

Hope all is going well for you. Have a great week.

Trina said...

Funny how time flies when you're reading! LOL I loose track of time when I read too.

Sounds like an interesting series to read, enjoy!

Clicks!
--Trina

Anonymous said...

Well,I'll be darned, Liggy. You and I agree on something ... I am absolutely hooked on The Blacklist (and love Spader's portrayal of Red). I'm also hooked on House of Cards on Netflix starring my favorite actor, Kevin Spacey. Reading The Yiddish Policemen's Union, which takes place in an alternate world where Jewish settlers moved to Alaska instead of Palestine. Interestingly, that was a possibility back them

Bud

PS - welcome back