Pages

Feb 1, 2009

SLUG-heavy metal from Hawaii

I posted a blog awhile back about a band called Open Fire that I used to follow around in Hawaii. The band's still not together (and probably will not get back together at this time) but I did find out where the lead singer went some years after their break up.

 Erich Wida, Open Fire's lead singer, joined two other fairly known local bands before finally settling with a band called Slug. The band SLUG was formed by some members of Black Dawg who brought in Erich Wida to do their vocals.

Here's a video I found on YouTube of one of their performances:


Slug performs mostly heavy metal song covers. You can listen to and download some of their song clips and videos on the band's website: www.slugrocks.com. (Update Jan 2016 - Sorry the site is not up anymore).

2 comments:

Mutant Matt said...

In regards to your blog about SLUG. I too remember seeing Open Fire in Hawaii at a place called the Jazz Cellar. It was a little place that seemed to be in the basement of a hotel. This was back in 1991-92.Another metal cover band I remember from the place was Tempered Steel.

Liggybee said...

Yeah, I used to go to the Jazz Cellar a lot. I also worked with a girl who was dating the singer of a band called Poynt Blankk a the time. They used to perform there a lot, too. Now I hear the Jazz Cellar is no longer an underground metal club. I miss those days...