Pages

May 9, 2009

Warrant - Where Did The Down Boys Go?

Warrant Cherry PieI kept hearing Warrant's hit "Cherry Pie" on TV the past few nights (it's being used in a recent Arby's commercial for the Bacon Cheddar Roast Burger). Aside from getting hungry (because those fast food commercials always make my mouth water), it made me think about those bad boys that I used to love during the glamor rock days. What young single girl in the late 80's/early 90's didn't want to meet someone tall and sexy like Jani Lane did back in the day? Teehee...

Here's the face that graced many a dreams...(sigh!)
Jani Lane

Jani LaneOkay, so I admit, when it comes to Warrant, I really miss Jani Lane more than I do the rest of Warrant. Despite rejoining Warrant briefly for a summer tour in 2008, Jani Lane's actually not with Warrant any longer. Bummers! But that's okay...he's got a lot of other things going for him, including his side project, Saints of the Underground. The group released an album called "Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner". I truly think the album is worth checking out. I even listen to it while I'm at work!

Incidentally, you can also hear Warrant's Cherry Pie song in another commercial. It's on a Pure Blonde beer commercial. Click here to see it on YouTube.
And if you want to get a look back at Warrant's history and relive their live performances, check out their DVD release,They Came from Hollywood. It's a must have for any die-hard Warrant fan.

No comments: