Pages

May 17, 2009

Vanquish at the National

May 2nd marked the last live show for a Richmond-based band called Separation. The Separation band members are close friends of my favorite local musicians, Vanquish so it was no surprise that Vanquish was one of the bands to open the show for them. I put together some awesome pictures taken by photographer (and fellow Vanquish fan) Dylan Patterson. With his Canon Rebel XS Digital SLR Camera, Dylan was able to capture a lot of great shots that my older model Sony Cybershot just can't quite do. (I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to a digital SLR model later this year but since I'm focused on my art and writing at this time, my photography ambitions can wait...)

Anyway, I used Scrapblog to make the following collages. Scrapblog is a fun (and free) way to put together scrapbook-like pages for your pictures. It even provides you with all the templates and add-ons you can imagine. You can even customize the premade layouts! My sister, Ophelia, introduced me to the free web-based service a couple of years ago. (Thank you, Ophelia!)

VanquishFanGraphics™ worships guitarist, Mark DiVito. He gets a scrapblog page of his own!


Vanquish, with Brian Berry (third pic) filling in for Nick Johnson on bass.


For more pictures and Vanquish graphics, please visit the VanquishFanGraphics™ Myspace Page. To learn more about Vanquish and hear their music, check out the Official Vanquish Band Myspace Page.

...and by the way, rock on!!!



5 comments:

Ian said...

Your blog is really good.

LazyKing said...

I never heard of Separation and Vanish but I' sure they are fun bands.
Thanks for sharing and the free publicity LOOOL

Liggybee said...

They're both unsigned heavy netal bands, but they're pretty popular in the East Coast (Washington DC)area. They often sell-out tickets for shows and have opened up for some major label heavy metal bands that have toured the Virginia area. I blog about Vanquish more frequently than other local bands because I love them and because they're also personal friends of mine :)

LazyKing said...

I hope I'll have the chance to see them one day :)

Ophelia said...

I'm glad to see you have been enjoying the Scrapblog site! I really like it a lot. Especially nowadays, they have a lot more background designs and stickers to choose from! It can be addicting too sometimes!