Pages

Jan 16, 2014

RIP My Favorite Nerd


Rest in peace, Russell Johnson - the actor who played my favorite nerd of all time.  Yes, remember him as "the Professor" in Gilligan's Island?  It was just announced that he died today at his home in Washington.  He was 89 and still full of energy, working until he passed away. I watched every single episode of Gilligan's Island and missed him on the episodes where he was "on the other side of the island".  He played other roles in other shows and movies, but I will always remember him for this role. 

1 comment:

Cperz said...

Hi Liggy...thought I would come over to see you. Hope all is well.

It always is sad to see these iconic actors pass away. I am always a bit shocked as well, when I see their ages. I still tend to think of them in terms of the age they were when they played their parts.

I was 14 when that show started and now only 2 cast members remain. Yikes! Where does the time go?