Pages

Apr 20, 2011

A look at Salt (the movie)

 
I borrowed the Salt movie DVD from my sister recently and had to watch it twice this week.  Yes, I thought it was THAT good!  I have always been a big fan of Angelina Jolie but her acting skills in this movie really blew me away.  In this film, she's like the female version of Jason Bourne of the Bourne Identity.  Truly awesome!




For those that love action-packed movies with lots of chase scenes, this movie won't disappoint.  There are also a lot of stunts that I heard Angelina Jolie did herself.  While many of the stunts were pretty incredible yet still believable, there was only one stunt that I found a little too unreal for the rest of the movie.  It was the elevator drop scene closer to the ending of the movie.  It was too much like flying (as opposed to jumping) which made Evelyn Salt a less believable character.  Like who in real life can manage not to miss those rails as far apart as they were and from the angles at which she jumped?!  The stunt in that particular scene reminded me of the rooftop/treetop jumps in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.  You just know it required being strapped to a wire to do.


As far as acting is concerned, I thought Angelina Jolie demonstrated a really good range of skills.  She's not just another pretty face, I must say.  She could really pull off the emotions and character attitude with realism.  You can see why she was an Oscar winner in the past.




The other actors in the film were also excellent.  Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Daniel Olbrychski, and Andre Braugher all played their characters out well enough to make you feel like the storyline was real and be filled with doubt as to which one could really be trusted.  Someone in one of the organizations was a mole and the film keeps you guessing until near the end.  And even when you learn who it is, you begin to question who is the bad guy?


1 comment:

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Liggy

Happy Easter :) I hope it's the best!


Wolfbernz