Pages

Feb 26, 2016

Fashion Plates, Anyone?

I feel like I've been missing for awhile...like where have I been all these years?  Why didn't I know that Fashion Plates are still around?


I remember when I was a little girl and had the original plates set. Did you have one of these, too?

 
How I loved "designing" various outfits using the mix and match templates the kit came with.  Boy, I remember when the crayon it came with wore out and my parents did not know where to get me a replacement (was mail order not a thing for them back then, I wonder?).  So I took out one of my old box of school crayons, peeled off the wrapper from my black crayon, and used it as a replacement tool for my fashion plates kit.

The crayon was not the perfect replacement.  I had to learn not to rub it too hard against the paper because it was too soft and tended to smear across the paper. Once I mastered just the right amount of pressure to use, I was back to creating and coloring more fashions.  It was heaven!

Post a Comment