Pages

May 11, 2010

Week-end Fun


So did everyone get to enjoy this past week-end?  It was Mother's Day yesterday...where were you?

I was out having fun with my mother!  Actually we spent the two days of the week-end going to a few different places.  The most exciting place we went to was a bird show on Saturday.  We (my mother, my sister, my daughter, and I) got to see some really beautiful exotic birds.  There was even a competition going on in part of the convention center.  There, we "talked" to some birds...and then their humans, too.  LOL!


It was really fun!  There were some raffle drawings going on for bird-related toys and books.  We didn't win anything but we did manage to find a few good buys on crafts and bird food. 

The experience made me recall the time I once owned a bird - a Quaker parrot to be exact.  I didn't have him for very long because I didn't have any experience taking care of birds a the time.  I ended up giving him up to a friend's friend who was a real bird aficionado.  Before I gave "Pete" up, I did manage to teach him to say a few things like "Good boy, Rambo" and the familiar bird phrase "Pretty bird".  (Rambo was my German Shepherd mix whom I loved and cared for for 13 years).

We spent Mother's Day together as well, having a nice late lunch at my house, then going out again to shop.  Yes, you can't beat shopping with Mom!  Hope you all had a nice Mother's Day week-end as well!

Don't forget to click this button below...




Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

7 comments:

AngelBaby said...

Sounds like a marvelous weekend to me! Nothing better the shopping and lunch with family, it is just the best.

Here's your click ...........

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

PetesQuiz said...

Lovely way to spend a weekend!

Clicks to you,

Pete (not the parrot)

Anonymous said...

Mom and birds ... what more could one ask for (I'm a bird lover but mostly those of the wild variety)

Click ....

Bud aka Older Eyes

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Liggy!

Sounds like you have a great weekend with Mom. It's been a few years but I used to go to bird shows and found them fun and interesting. At one point in my life I had a few parrots, but now I only have one - Timothy, an African Grey who NEVER shuts up.

Have a great rest of the week, and Happy Birthday - ok, so I'm early, but at least I didn't miss it!

Clicks for you!
Wolf

Trina said...

Bird Shows... yes you get to see some interesting birds - beautiful big birds and cute small ones... but the shows sure are loud! Screaming and talk birds everywhere LOL

I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your mom!

Happy Tuesday!
--Trina

maat45 said...

Liggy, how wonderful you spent the weekend with your Mom AND your daughter...the best Mother's Day relaxation ever (even if running around shopping and doing all sorts of crazy fun things)!! And a bird show...great! Love your picture of tiels! And you have my click... :-)

Nancy Cleveland said...

What a terrific weekend! And the bird pic just great, Liggy! Click!