Pages

Jan 13, 2009

Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica
I heard of Apocalyptica before but I had not really tried to familiarize myself with this band until recently as their latest hit song "I Don't Care" featuring Adam Gontier of Three Days Grace has been getting a lot of airplay on the local radio stations. I am referring to a song from the album Worlds Collide. Apocalyptica I really dig this song!!!



And here are the lyrics to that awesome song:

I DON'T CARE (feat. Adam Gontier)

I try to make it through my life, in my way, there's you
I try to make it through these lies, and that's all I do

Just don't deny it,
Don't try to fight this and deal with it
and it's just part of it,

If you were dead or still alive
I don't care, I don't care
Just go and leave this all behind
Cause I swear (I swear), I don't care

I try to make you see my side
I always try to stay in line
But your eyes see right through
That's all they do

I'm getting buried in this place
I got no room - you're in my face
Don't say anything, just go away

If you were dead or still alive
I don't care, I don't care
Just go and leave this all behind
Cause I swear (I swear) I don't care

[ instrumental ]
I'm not changing everything
'Cause you won't be left for me (x2)

If you were dead or still alive
I don't care, I don't care
Just and and leave this all behind
Cause I swear (I swear) I don't care

If you were dead or still alive
I don't care (I don't care), I don't care (I don't care)
Just go ahead and leave this all behind
I don't care (I swear), I don't care
At all...


What I learned about this Finnish band is that three members play cello! Yes, the cello! The fourth plays the drums. They were originally classical virtuosos with a taste for heavy metal and rock music. Sure enough, they decided to blend their virtuoso instruments with their favorite style of music, blending classical music, neo-classical metal, thrash metal, and symphonic metal. They started gaining worldwide attention with the release of an album featuring Metallica covers played with cellos. Eventually they went on to play cello covers of other popular metal bands like Pantera and Sepultura before coming out with some original music of their own.

I think these guys are just brilliant!!! They also have a lot of other amazing songs that they've collaborated with singers from other very well-known bands including Corey Taylor
of Stone Sour/Slipknot, Cristina Scabbiaof Lacuna Coil, and Ville Valoof HIM among others. I also found this widget I thought I'd post here, too, where you can access some of Apocalyptica's songs and videos (since the only You Tube ones I could find have embedding disabled).



Check them out!!! You'll love them, too!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your blog, Liggy! It is really well layed out and looks great! Thank you so much for your letter. :)

I am gonna keep looking around on here now. :)

Liggybee said...

Thanks, Melissa...I appreciate the compliment! :)