Pages

Aug 22, 2012

Sam Claflin in Catching Fire


Now that's the next movie adaptation I can't wait to see!  We already know that the three main stars, Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss), Josh Hutcherson (Peeta), and Liam Hemsworth (Gale) will be back to reprise their roles in the second installment of the trilogy.  The other roles have also already been cast but one big role that a lot of fans have been waiting to know who'll play the part of is Finnick Odair.

Among some of the names that were thrown around as possibilities were Garrett Hedlund, Zac Efron, Alex Pettyfer, and even Robert Pattinson.  Today, the studio made the announcement that Sam Claflin has coveted this role. 


Exactly who is this Sam Claflin?  He's a 26-year old actor from Suffolk, England who made his screen debut in two award-winning series, "The Pillars of the Earth" (2010) and "Any Human Heart" (2010).  He was most recently seen in the popular movie, Snow White and the Huntsman (which will be out on DVD/Blu-Ray next month).

I can't wait to see the movie.  I rewatched The Hunger Games after my Blu-Ray copy came in Saturday.  It was awesome seeing it again.  And after reading the second and third books (I could NOT put it down...it was too exciting!), I am really looking forward to the movies.  Maybe I should re-read them now that I have a better idea of what Finnick will look like.  :)

No comments: