Pages

Mar 29, 2008

CONTROL

Shed54



I just thought I'd share this video that my youngest sister, Veronica, took during Shed54's performance at the NorVa in 2006 (wow, can't believe it was that long ago!). Anyway, the song featured in the video is "Control" which the lead singer, Ken Bailey., says he wrote about a friend who was married to a very "controlling" spouse. It was written from the point of view of the "controller". Incidentally, this song seems to be a crowd favorite and has been played on a local rock music station, FM99.

These are the lyrics to the song:

I need to know all your dreams, what's going through your head
You're gonna tell me...
You can't keep secrets from me; I'm too smart to fall for it
Don't insult me.
I love to mess with your head; I'm playing my own game
Don't care about you anymore; I don't think I ever did.

I need to know, you're gonna tell me
I need to know because I love you so much
I need to know, don't analyze me
I need to know because I love you so much.

Don't ask me why, I don't know what's playing in my brain
May be psychotic
Are you feeling isolated, completely deserted?
You can't escape me, so don't you even try.

I need to know, you're gonna tell me
I need to know because I love you so much
I need to know, don't analyze me
I need to know because I love you so much, so much.

I'm sorry I hid my true intentions, do you feel you're in control?
Can you hide your agony to betray the tragedy
Unfolding in your world below
It's a helpless feeling slowly creeping down into your soul.
You know I control you and I'll destroy you, take it all, take it away
You know who I am; you see what I've become

(Instrumental Break)

I believe, now I believe, I, I believe in you
You know who I am; you know I'll never change.

I need to know
.


So what did you think? Creepy character, huh? Well, you know if a song can affect you like this one, then you know it's a great song! Kudos to Ken for writing such an awesome song! By the way, that's me with Ken in the picture below. I had the opportunity to hang out with the band and "interview" Ken about that song during the event that this picture was taken. The whole group is great and they're some of the most down-to-earth performers I've ever met.



1 comment:

Ophelia said...

Ooh, nice pic of you and Ken here. What's even nicer is that it's real and not one of those Photoshopped pics with celebrities! Super-cool! Rock on, Sister!